Tuesday, June 19, 2012

A Little Free Library



A couple of weeks ago, when Jim and I were walking the sidewalks of our neighborhood, we happened upon this...


...a Little Free Library.  Right here in our very own neighborhood!




The sign reads:  Take a book. Return a book.  The Little Free Library is a gift from friends who wanted to PAY IT FORWARD. They hope you will do the same!  To participate see www.littlefreelibrary.org

The charter number is 0890.  You can find it on the map on the website if you take a visual stab in the center of Pennsylvania.

Stacked and stored in this charming cupboard is a respectable sampling of genres--picture books, chapter books, classics, contemporary fiction, mysteries, thrillers, and non fiction--pretty much something for everybody. And it changes day by day.  (I know this to be true because I passed by last night and then again tonight).  When I finish the book I am reading now, it will be my first contribution.  I think this is the coolest, new idea I have seen in a while.  Maybe your neighborhood needs one too.


2 comments:

  1. Oh my goodness! That is such a great idea!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So very cool. I saw this in a magazine (or was it on the news?) a while back...but to think it could come to a neighborhood near YOU, near anyone, near everyone...so fun! I hope this catches on big time.

    ReplyDelete