Wednesday, June 6, 2012

Leaving


We leave today for the big medical center, an hour and half's ride away.  We leave today for tomorrow, the day of my husband's big heart surgery.  We are more than ready...

Yesterday, I needed serenity, a certain peace that sewing sometimes offer, so I made a new knitting tote to brighten my days of husband hospital-sitting.  It helped calm some jumpy nerves to stitch something.  I finished freezing strawberries, organized my knitting projects, and assembled a basket of thank-you tokens for Jim's medical support team.  We bought a little iPod dock so we can listen to some soothing tunes during the upcoming hospital days.  Today, I need to anticipate a week's worth of clothes, water the plants, tidy up the house, slide in few books, crossword puzzles, and my journal, and then, we go...not on vacation but on a journey toward health and healing.

Our pastor is coming over to pray with us this morning, and we know many others are too. That really helps and really matters.  I am trusting...the surgeon, medical knowledge, a magnificent medical institution, the power of love, and above all, our good and gracious God.  Amen.

2 comments: