Monday, June 4, 2012

Canning Season


Canning season has officially opened!  Saturday, I bought a flat of strawberries at my favorite farmer's market, the Amish market set up under canopy in a nearby shopping center.  Now, my freezer contains bags of whole frozen strawberries and my canning shelf holds jars of both strawberry jam (for Alexander) and strawberry rhubarb jam (for me and Matt).  

I didn't think I would be canning this weekend or finishing it up today.  Today was supposed to be Jim's surgery. But someone needed his surgeon more, and his surgeon didn't want to feel rushed with my sweetheart's heart (nor did I); we are now on for Thursday. The first batch of strawberries are preserved for our family, with additional jars of jam for the amazing nursing staff that Jim and I will surely come to love, later this week.  And Jim and I went to the movies this afternoon!  A few more days to breathe and be....



No comments:

Post a Comment