Tuesday, January 7, 2014

Oh January


 

We are in the midst of a Polar Vortex, a state of weather I never knew existed until this the winter of 2014.  Of course, I also didn't know about a derecho until that happened, was it, last year?  I thought after living for over 60 years, there really couldn't be anything new under the sun, but apparently Mother Nature has yet to finish my weather schooling.  At any rate, it is very very cold here in Central Pennsylvania.  So I suppose it is just the right time to wrap up this little hooded sweater I finished last week and deliver it to Roscoe's Grandma's house tomorrow.  Still knitting Cottage Creations patterns, Patty's grandbaby boy will wear this one, and in addition, I am almost finished with another Tunic Sweater for Jamie, using the same yarn, a Red Heart yarn (vanilla swirl) that I picked up super cheap before Christmas at Ollies.  (Sometimes, it is okay not to be such a yarn snob.)


The buttons are three buttons I mismatched from my button tins--I confess, I do kinda love buttons.  So…button up your own sweater or pull one over your head, but whatever you do, please stay warm!


No comments:

Post a Comment