Wednesday, January 22, 2014

A Purse for Rosie


Rosie and her Daddy are coming this weekend to join us for a church spaghetti dinner, benefiting our mission trip to Nicaragua. Her mama has an acting gig, so it is just daddy/daughter time this trip.  The last time I saw Rosie she was smitten with my purse, taking things out and lugging it behind her.  When I was thinking of her coming, it occurred to me how easy it would be to stitch up a little bag for this little lady. I Googled "toddler purse" and discovered this great tutorial.

Digging through my scrap box, I found two fabrics that would work nicely; I proceeded to cut and sew.  Basically, I followed the directions and dimensions from the tutorial with a few modifications.  Since I didn't have any fusible interfacing, I added heft with cotton batting,  machine quilting it a little to the outside fabric.  




After I quilted it, I trimmed it to the desired size (9 x 12 in.), added a pocket with rickrack to the front, and stitched up handles with the same fabric as the outside of the bag.  The inside is lined with the pocket pink fabric.


It was quick, easy, and pretty cute, I think.  This little beanie baby friend fits perfectly inside.  I can't wait to see our little granddaughter holding this!

No comments:

Post a Comment