Thursday, March 18, 2010

Daffodil Day


Today is daffodil day. And I received two bunches, total surprises from two friends. Knowing that I am an almost (!) four year survivor of breast cancer, Gina, a colleague and friend, had delivered to my classroom a bouquet of this first flower of Spring; the joy of that utterly unexpected gift truly touched me. Three periods later, a fine young teacher, new to our district and new to my life, entered my classroom with another bouquet in her outstretched hand. April told me she loved daffodils, because these flowers just always look so happy. "How could anyone ever be sad when they are around?" she said.

Thank you my friends...and thank you to the American Cancer Society for your tirelesss work to rid the future of this dreadful disease. Would that we see it conquered in our lifetime.

No comments:

Post a Comment