Wednesday, September 11, 2013

Sewing at the church yesterday



 …she is doing better, still on crutches but back to class…we are so grateful...after all,it could have been worse….the pain followed my jaw, up into my eyes...get that shot, you know, the one for shingles…my eyesight is fading...one time I left my hearing aid in when I got into the shower, never realized it until I shampooed my hair... goodness, this seam isn't straight...the quilt will still be warm...and pretty too...I’ve been canning--tomatoes last week, peaches tomorrow…I can them in the oven... they say you daresn't do it that way, but I’ve done it forever and we're still here…my grandmother canned everything, never bought a fruit or vegetable…in her cellar she filled shelf after shelf with so many jars, organized and arranged perfectly…row after row...just like having her own store right down in the basement..I just loved to go there…so beautiful...so bountiful…so good….

No comments:

Post a Comment