Saturday, March 2, 2013

This week...





...I finished knitting and wrapped myself with this bright, easy garter stitch shawl, designed by my local yarn shop's (Stitch Your Art) owner, Cynthia.   I have worn it three times already, loving how lightly it drapes my shoulders both inside or outside a jacket or vest.


I chose the simplest of the designs included in this versatile pattern, and I alternated between two different colorways of bulky Noro Karuta yarn.  I don't typically wear orange, but I enjoy the occasional stripe of here it as it straddles the purple, fuchsia, and blue.


March is here and while the weather remains a murky gray dulled by the sifting of snowflakes through its clouds, the hope of Spring nears with a turning of the calendar. Soon (and hopefully very soon), this shawlette alone may suffice for our evening strolls around the blocks of our neighborhood.

No comments:

Post a Comment