Tuesday, March 19, 2013

Early Quiet


Last Saturday....

With construction workers here early each day and the constant bustle they bring, it has been challenging to sustain focus.  Home invasions, even for a good cause, cannot help but disturb the calm.  Our cats and I are savored the peace of a quiet weekend morning.


In the midst of renovation, a simple needle project helps transport me to a better mental place each evening as I relax before bedtime.  Coupled with catching up on episodes of Call the Midwife, these two activities perfectly mixed activity for the hands, occupation for the mind, rest for the spirit, and delight for the soul.  This blanket pattern, Garter Squish, is leading me thought my yarn basket of leftover balls, creating a stroll down a knitting, memory lane.....



A sweater for Alex formed from that blue, hat and mittens for Lydia from the purple heather, a scarf for me from that now small ball of burgundy, mitts and a hat for Chris from that burnt gold, as well as so many other items crated from this remnant pile of color, accumulated over years of knitting and projects.  Using leftover fisherman's wool from the sweater just finished, I combine these oddballs into one flowing cascade of muted color warmth,  joining satisfaction, relaxation, and  delight all at the same time.


No comments:

Post a Comment