Monday, December 17, 2012

Waiting


“The function of Advent is to remind us what we're waiting for as we go through life too busy with things that do not matter to remember the things that do.” 
 --Sister Joan Chittister

One week from today, it will be Christmas Eve, and our waiting will be nearly over.  I have tried during this season of Advent to be as concerned with preparing my heart for the coming of the Christ child as I have been with preparing my home for the coming of our family.  Sometimes, I have been successful, other times, not so much.  This season is fraught with busyness with the decorating, the present buying (or making), the wrapping, the baking, the cleaning, the celebrating, and on and on.  The to-do list can be never ending as I think of one more thing to make, or bake, or buy.  At some point it needs to be over; at some point it needs to be enough, for at some point, I need to quiet my hearts and still my hands to come and worship, to come and adore Him.  May it begin now....

1 comment:

  1. I really love this quote--it hits quite a chord with me right now.

    ReplyDelete