Tuesday, October 2, 2012

Alpacas


This past Saturday was National Alpaca Farm Day and Jim and I celebrated by visiting the Bald Eagle Valley Alpaca Ranch over-the-mountain and through-the-valley from us.  Gosh, these animals are sweet...


and so gentle....


Jim and I are already planning an alpaca farm field trip for our grandchildren.


In addition to mingling with these enchanting creatures, we watched a group of spinners spin the actual fleece shorn from the alpacas living on the farm.  The yarn is incredibly soft and incredibly warm, I am told.   I purchased two skeins of yarn made from the fleece shorn of the dark brown animal standing with the group in the first photo.  His name is Cocoa.  I have never knit with yarn that I actually saw and touched the animal it came from.  I am excited to cast this yarn onto my knitting needles.  Now, I just need to decide what to make.

No comments:

Post a Comment