Thursday, October 22, 2009

Noro Stripes


There is a blog that occasionally makes me think I should give up knitting; this knitter creates art, and my attempts with sticks and yarn seem so pedestrian and prosaic in comparison. When I look at Brooklyn Tweed, I console myself, saying I knit for therapy and to make gifts for those I care about--tangible, touchable proof of my love. So it was with a certain sense of intimidation that I decided to make a Noro Striped Scarf from a Brooklyn Tweed pattern. I love the look of this scarf, so easy and interesting to make. It is the first thing that I have worked on that my husband commented, "I think it is time that I have a scarf you've made." I guess this one is gold!

1 comment:

  1. Wow, it's so beautiful!!!! No, you must not ever stop knitting--it's part of you who are now, and everything you make for me I cherish!

    ReplyDelete