Sunday, August 18, 2013

Circles of Women: Circles of Friends


It was a week of circles of friends, gathering with many of the women who spin the spheres of my life.

Tuesday my fellow yearning yogis encircled our mats and our hearts around our Altheda, who lost her husband of 25 years just the day before.  This magical moment of tender mercy and deep affection gave testimony to the wisdom and guidance of our inspired teacher as well as to the faithfulness of our group of two years.  Together we have grown in strength, flexibility, spirit, and friendship as we breathe and flow together.


Wednesday some of my dearest school friends pulled up chairs and lounged for hours in our sun room catching up, celebrating good news, and relishing time to sip a glass of wine and simply be together. It was hard to part.  Some of us return to the classroom this week, others of us continue carving out a life in retirement, but all of us care deeply about education and about each other.


Yesterday, a sizable group of church women of all ages, met to work on mission quilts.  We ate, and cut, and pinned, and sewed, and knotted, and taught each other; women for centuries have met in churches doing much the same, quietly and gently making this world softer, warmer, and brighter.





Today, some family and family friends met to celebrate our Rosie's first birthday.  Her Nonna and her Nana both love this little girl so deeply as together we add depth and dimension to her ongoing story.


The women in my life comfort me, guide me, inspire me, delight me, showing me new paths on this journey we share.  I am better, blessed, and most grateful to have them all in my life.

No comments:

Post a Comment