Sunday, February 20, 2011

This week


For a long time, I have intended to make my daughter-in-law a sweater. This week, I crossed that off my “to-knit” list.  Following Shalom, a pattern my daughter found,  I used Swish, a bulky washable, Merino wool (easy care, I hope) in Hawk (because she likes grey).  I finished it, tied a red ribbon embossed with hearts around it, and mailed it off just in time for it to arrive exactly on Valentine’s Day.  

Our whole family feels so blessed to have Alexis with us. She is funny, smart, witty, and clever.  She reads voraciously, writes a weekly column on the Harrisburg music scene, works for a non-profit nature center, and cooks amazing food, cognizant of using local produce.  She is a devoted sister and daughter. She sings, she acts, she laughs lustily; she makes life a good time. But most of all, she loves my son who adores her just as much in return.  Having her in our family fills my heart with joy and thanksgiving…


2 comments:

  1. I love this sweater so much! Thank you so much for your kind and sweet words. I love you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awwwww, so sweet and touching... A godly example of mother and daughter by marriage.

    Cool sweater too!

    ReplyDelete