Saturday, April 24, 2010

A jeans shawl




A couple of years ago, a knitting neighbor friend gave me multiple skeins of Brown Serendipity Tweed yarn (color: Denim Aster) from a stash of yarn she told me she never intended to use. I considered using the yarn for many things, but finally, about a month ago my needles were called to construct a simple, weekend, jeans shawl--a quick throw-over-the-shoulders for a casual evening walk or errand-dash piece. I finished it and tassled it this week, just in time to enjoy its warmth as I battled a spring cold. It comforted me while combating my chills. I even wore it this morning for a brief hike through the campus to meet family, who bussed it up here for the Penn State Blue/White game. I think this triangular shawl, with it simple (knit 3, yarn over 1) pattern will continue to signal rest and relaxation for me...

No comments:

Post a Comment