Saturday, April 17, 2010

CROP



My husband, Jim, heads up our local CROP Walk. CROP stands for Communities Responding to Overcome Poverty, and our local CROP Walk netted close to $26,000 last year for hunger relief. We met this morning around our dining room table to celebrate the 2009 results and to begin planning for the fall 2010 walk. A portion of the money from our CROP Walk stays here in State College, benefiting the local Food Bank. And the rest goes toward helping the work of Church World Service as they combat hunger and offer disaster relief nationally and internationally.

I am really proud of Jim who spends hour-upon- hour and day-upon-day organizing materials, recruiting and supplying volunteers, and keeping our committee abreast and on track with the myriad details and duties required to stage an event of this size. As a Christian, I often ask myself if I am really serving as Jesus' hands and feet as often and as effectively as I should. There are those saints among us who really do; I sat beside a few of them today.

No comments:

Post a Comment