Wednesday, July 22, 2009

Ordinary Knitting


"Small minds are concerned with the extraordinary, great minds with the ordinary."
-Blaise Pascal

I have been knitting a lot of dishcloths lately. Something about the lazy days of summer, long car rides, and hot weather always brings me back to Sugar 'n Cream yarn and dishcloths. Raising additional monies for the CROP Walk this fall, our church is planning a Time and Talent silent auction. Offering my time and talent (loosely and humbly defined), I thought I would make a pile of dishcloths--items practical and affordable. These quick, seemingly prosaic projects provide just the right amount of creativity in pattern and color that suits my July state of mind. Honestly, I simply like the look of stacking them up and the pleasure of counting them!

No comments:

Post a Comment