Saturday, May 23, 2009

Summer Skirt Sewing



My daughter wants summer skirts, à la SouleMama (a Mommy blog my daughter and I both read). It has been a very long time since I purchased a sewing pattern, and now, I have bought two.

Today, Jim and I took a favorite day trip to Big Valley. We bought flowers from Peachey's Greenhouse, operating on an honest-to-goodness Amish farm. From there we went to Buchanan's, a yard goods and quilting store, where I bought a lovely blue batik for the Simplicity pattern suggested by Amanda Soule and where I discovered and purchased a pattern booklet "Sassy Skirts" by Cindy Taylor Oakes, containing 12 fun permutations of a basic skirt pattern. We continued on to Peights, my favorite country store, where we picked up a family favorite--Zimmerman's peanut butter. I perused their yard goods sale table, finding several remnants to turn into more skirts; the next thing to find is time to begin....

School cannot end too soon. My summer projects (and summer reading) await.

No comments:

Post a Comment