Friday, May 8, 2009

The end is in sight



For a teacher, May signals the beginning of the end. The countdown for students has already begun as one student happily pronounced to me this week, "28 days!" I haven't exactly counted but I suspect he is right (with one day more added for me). Today my teaching partner and I wrote out our day-by-day calendar and seeing the planning sketched out to the end of the year is another sign that the end truly IS in sight. Chrissy and I have booked a local park within walking distance of our school, and we have planned a picnic/awards ceremony. Chrissy had the idea of giving out cookies on a stick as "awards," and so tonight I test drove the making of those edible prizes. After seeing these, I can conjure up a multitude of ways to use this sweetly packaged treat. The rest of the batch will be served at a reading retreat on Wednesday, more planing and mapping of work, although this will be for next year. Any excuse to bake cookies is a good excuse, especially on a Friday afternoon!

No comments:

Post a Comment