Saturday, April 12, 2014

Cataloging This and That



Even though I have been focused on variety of  other endeavors lately (traveling to Nicaragua, going to Baltimore, helping organize a quilt show at church), I still have been knitting.  Last month, I finished this sweater for my daughter, in lieu of her birthday socks.  She requested a sweater like the one I made for her son, so I made one, using my one of favorite go-to patterns and my favorite go-to yarns.  Once again, I realized why I don't knit many adult-sized sweaters; it takes a lot of knitting to make bigger sweaters, especially this design, an oversized comfy sweater/sweatshirt.  One thing I enjoyed in making this was fastening on these buttons, lifted from my mother's sewing box.  I wrapped it up for Barbara in a swarth of fabric designed by her high school friend Jay McCarroll



This week, I finished a pair of socks for a soon-to-be birthday boy.  Goodness..can't believe my baby boy will be 35 next week.  This yarn was sure  fun!



And if I really want to be complete with the accounting my current creative output, I probably should mention that right before Nicaragua I pieced together a little scrappy quilt for my husband to look at while I was gone.  It was really fun to just sew a bunch of leftover strings together to make this little lap quilt for our television room--so many project and people memories in the strips of fabrics.  I really like the back on this one, pieced from yellow ticking, a muslin remnant and some cool stripey material. 



This week I ordered some yarn on sale, with visions of Christmas in my head. Our sewing group tied up some of our Lutheran World Relief quilts in preparation for a big quilt display and concert next week at our church (I am sure that will be the topic of my post next week).  



Spring is here...finally. Green is rising from the brown winter ground, birds are singing more joyously, outdoor occupations resume, and it seems a collected sign of relief and exhalation of joy resounds.  Thursday night, Jim fired up the grilled and chicken, and then after supper, we pulled out our bicycles, pedaling through campus for an evening ride.  We saw the most beautiful sunset. Oh yes....Spring and all her pleasures!

1 comment:

  1. I missed this! Beautiful quilts, lovely sweater (really lovely), and colorful socks. There is so much love and purpose in this blog -- a peak at the love and purpose in your life.

    ReplyDelete