Tuesday, January 8, 2013

Color and Texture


I am a great one for making lists.  They keep me organized, on track, and in an odd way honest with myself.  When I hang up the calendar for a New Year, I usually write a rather ambitiously detailed list of resolutions, which always includes get fitter, leaner, smarter, kinder, more giving, etc. etc. etc.  This year my list was lighter and decidedly simpler, not even half a page in my journal.  One key element is my resolve to add more color and more texture to my life.  And I mean that in more ways than my wardrobe.  While I desire to visit some new places and to try a few new things, what I really want is to deepen the daily by vividly experiencing what is the routine.  I simply want to be more intentionally present, seeing and being more fully.

Embarking on this year of color, I knit a Hitchhiker, using this yarn, a panoply of bright hues.  A homage to Douglas Adams book The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy, this scarf is both literary and colorful--the perfect texture for kicking off 2013!



No comments:

Post a Comment