Wednesday, September 7, 2011

Socking It


I've been making socks lately.  After modeling some socks I made my son this past Spring, my husband told me he would like some as well (he doesn't often request a knitted item).  So he got some for his birthday in August, maroon ones knit from the top down, using this yarn and pretty much knit right under his nose while we watched television at night.  I used the Iowa Crew/Cruise Socks pattern, a well used pattern, from Cottage Creations. I love all their patterns which are so easy to use and fun to read.


Then came Alexis' birthday.  I made her these with this yarn, knitting from the toe up.  I fashioned the cuff with a broken basket-weave stitch to make it a bit more interesting to knit.


And before I put away the #2 double points, I decided to use a ball of sock yarn I had in my stash to make myself a new pair of socks for the upcoming sock-wearing season.  I love the self-striping pattern of this yarn.  Sock knitting is out of my system and off the needles for a while!  

No comments:

Post a Comment