Friday, August 7, 2009

Lazy dazing days of summer


I guess the anticipation and lead up to the wedding was more taxing emotionally and physically than I thought it would be. This week consisted pretty much of days coasting in neutral; I felt I accomplished very little and sort of walked around in a daze. However, today, (thankfully), I began to see some return of focus and energy.

I had an eye doctor appointment, spent time doing preliminary work for a workshop I need to present on writing, and took a 10-mile bike ride with my husband, cycling some off paths around State College. Tonight, I made a homemade Magherita pizza with tomatoes and basil from our CSA (Community Supported Agriculture) box. A glass or two of wine helped as well!

With my knitting, I have been playing with a design for a felted tote bag.

For a teacher, August somehow signals the beginning of the end...of summer. I am starting to think about new units already.

No comments:

Post a Comment